Cambridge Audio Cxa60 Stereo Integrated Amplifier With Built-in Dac, Optional Bluetooth® (Black)
60 Watts x 2 Channel:
- Rated at 60 watts x 2 channel into 8Ω (or 90 watts x 2 channel into 4Ω), the Cambridge Audio CXA60 integrated amplifier is powerful enough to drive some of the most demanding speakers, yet has the nuance and subtlety demanded by modern recordings.
- The CXA60's class AB amplifier design, along with its centrally mounted oversized toroidal transformer and extruded heatsinks, will reveal spectacular detail in your music.
- The CXA60 integrated amplifier's power comes from an oversized audiophile-grade toroidal transformer, which keep magnetic flux level extremely low, benefiting the other internal components.
- This low-flux toroidal transformer also enhances performance and delivers incredible control over your speakers.
- The toroidal transformer is mounted centrally inside the chassis of the integrated amp to reduce flux or magnetic disturbance from the volume pot.
Symmetrical & Separated Circuitry:
- The entire internal layout of the CXA60 is designed to minimize left/right crosstalk and provide astonishing stereo separation, thanks to its symmetrical and separated circuit paths.
- By entirely separating the left and right channel heat sinks, and using symmetrical and separated circuit paths for the two channels, the CXA60 will deliver stunning stereo separation and minimum cross-channel interference with great soundstage performance.
- An ALPs film volume pot delivers accurate volume control and superb low level channel balance.
Dynamic Thermal Tracking Transistors:
- The output power transistors used by the CXA60 incorporate integrated Dynamic Thermal Tracking.
- Integrated Dynamic Thermal tracking provides a far more accurate reading of the real temperature of a transistor, and relays it faster too because it's not a delayed heating effect.
- This enables Cambridge Audio to bias the amplifier more accurately and in almost real time; which means the CXA60 is always running at optimum performance.
- The CXA60 has been designed from the ground up with built-in digital to analog conversion capabilities.
- Using a high-specification 24-bit/192kHz WM8740 DAC chip from Wolfson, the CXA60 offers a powerful upgrade for all your digital sources.
Fully Balanced Signal Management:
- Cambridge Audio engineers decided to go fully balanced rather than single-ended all the way through.
- As a consequence, any noise that that might be picked up in the audio signal while routing through the amplifier is cancelled before it's output.
Tone Controls + Direct Mode:
- The CXA60 integrated amplifier has independent Bass (20Hz) and Treble (20kHz) controls.
- Or, you can select Direct Mode which gives the audio signal a more direct path to the power amplifier stage of your amplifier, bypassing the bass and treble control circuits for the purest possible sound quality.
High-Quality Damped Metal Chassis:
- The CXA60 features a high-quality damped metal chassis, designed to ensure that nothing rattles or interferes with the electronics.
Digital & Analog Inputs:
- The CXA60 integrated amp features two optical (toslink) inputs and a S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital input so you connect all of your digital sources.
- The unit's digital inputs can decode 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 2.0.
- The CXA60 integrated amp also features four stereo RCA inputs and a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA60 integrated amp is fitted with A-B speaker terminals, a mono-sub output, stereo pre-outs and a headphone jack.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA60 integrated amplifier is equipped with two sets of gold-plated, binding-post speaker terminals (labeled A and B).
- The terminals will accept bare wire, spade connectors, single- and dual-banana plugs. (The red and black caps can be removed when using banana plugs.)
- The use of A and B speaker terminals allow you to hook up speakers in another room.
- When using a single pair of speakers, use speakers with a nominal impedance of 4Ω to 8Ω. When using two pairs of speaker, use only speakers with a minimum nominal impedance of 8Ω.
- The CXA60 integrated amp features a mono-subwoofer output for adding a powered subwoofer.
- To ensure there's no unnecessary high frequency noise affecting the subwoofer, the subwoofer output is filtered at 3kHz. This is high enough to prevent any phase shift associated with the low pass filter affecting what happens below 200Hz.
- The result is a phase linear subwoofer output signal which is clean and musical.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA60 is equipped with a pair of RCA pre-outs to connect the integrated amp to an external power amplifier.
- The CXA60 integrated amplifier offers a front-panel 3.5mm headphone output to connect a set of headphones for private listening.
- When headphones are connected, the output to both A/B loudspeakers is muted.
- The CXA60 is supplied with an IR remote control that operates this integrated and other Cambridge Audio CX series components.
- The remote operates off of three "AAA" batteries (supplied).
- The CXA60 features a Control Bus Input and Output (RCA), which allows un-modulated commands from multi-room systems or other components to be received by the amp and loop out to another unit.
Optional Bluetooth Adapter:
- Simply plug in the Cambridge Audio BT100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver (sold separately) into the Cambridge Audio CXA60's rear-panel USB (type-A) port for wireless music streaming from many of today's most popular Bluetooth supporting devices;
- Such as Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more.
- The BT100 even supports the high-quality Bluetooth aptX CODEC, so you can stream audiophile quality music from your Bluetooth-enabled Android (OS 4.0+) device to the CXA60 integrated amp.
Auto Power Down:
- The CXA60 integrated amplifier can be set to automatically go into "Standby mode" if there is no audio signal or operation for approximately 10, 30, or 60 minutes.