Cambridge Audio CXA 80 Stereo Integrated Amplifier With Built-In DAC And USB Input, Optional Bluetooth® (Black)
80 Watts x 2 Channel:
- Rated at 80 watts x 2 channels into 8Ω (or 120 watts x 2 channels into 4Ω), the Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amplifier is powerful enough to drive some of the most demanding speakers, yet has the nuance and subtlety demanded by modern recordings.
Dual Mono Design:
- The CXA80 integrated amp employs separate transformer taps for left/right channels, twin rectifiers and separate PSUs that give dual mono operation of the left and right power amplifiers for incredible presence, performance, and sound imaging.
Oversized Toroidal Transformer (Dual-Mono Windings):
- The CXA80 integrated amplifier 's power comes from an oversized audiophile-grade toroidal transformer, which keep magnetic flux level extremely low, benefiting the other internal components.
- Separate dual mono windings on a low-flux toroidal transformer further enhance performance and together these design details deliver incredible control over your speakers on a wide, enveloping, captivating sound stage.
- The toroidal transformer is mounted centrally inside the chassis of the integrated amp to reduce flux or magnetic disturbance from the volume pot.
Symmetrical & Separated Circuitry:
- The entire internal layout of the CXA80 is designed to minimize left/right crosstalk and provide astonishing stereo separation, thanks to its symmetrical and separated circuit paths.
- By entirely separating the left and right channel heat sinks, and using symmetrical and separated circuit paths for the two channels, the CXA80 will deliver stunning stereo separation and minimum cross-channel interference with great soundstage performance.
- An ALPs film volume pot delivers accurate volume control and superb low level channel balance.
Dynamic Thermal Tracking Transistors:
- The output power transistors used by the CXA80 incorporate integrated Dynamic Thermal Tracking.
- Integrated Dynamic Thermal tracking provides a far more accurate reading of the real temperature of a transistor, and relays it faster too because it's not a delayed heating effect.
- This enables Cambridge Audio to bias the amplifier more accurately and in almost real time; which means the CXA80 is always running at optimum performance.
- The CXA80 has been designed from the ground up with built-in digital to analog conversion capabilities.
- Using a high-specification 24-bit/192kHz WM8740 DAC chip from Wolfson, the CXA80 offers a powerful upgrade for all your digital sources.
Fully Balanced Signal Management:
- Cambridge Audio engineers decided to go fully balanced rather than single-ended all the way through.
- As a consequence, any noise that that might be picked up in the audio signal while routing through the amplifier is cancelled before it's output.
Tone Controls + Direct Mode:
- The CXA80 integrated amplifier has independent Bass (20Hz) and Treble (20kHz) controls.
- Or, you can select Direct Mode which gives the audio signal a more direct path to the power amplifier stage of your amplifier, bypassing the bass and treble control circuits for the purest possible sound quality.
High-Quality Damped Metal Chassis:
- The CXA80 features a high-quality damped metal chassis, designed to ensure that nothing rattles or interferes with the electronics.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amp is equipped with optical, coaxial, and USB digital inputs.
- The CXA80 integrated amp features two optical (toslink) inputs and a S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital input so you connect all of your digital sources.
- The unit's digital inputs can decode 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 2.0.
- The CXA80 provides an Asynchronous USB (type-B) port for playback of music files stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
- The CXA80 can handles up to 24-bit/192kHz audio from your computer with low jitter.
Balanced & Unbalanced Audio Inputs:
- The Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amplifier is fitted with both balanced and unbalanced analog audio connections.
- The CXA80 integrated amp features four unbalanced stereo RCA inputs and a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input.
- The CXA80 integrated amplifier also features a pair of balanced XLR inputs to connect high-resolution CD and SACD players.
- XLR is a higher-quality input that can reject noise and interference from equipment with balanced outputs.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amp is fitted with A-B speaker terminals, a mono-sub output, stereo pre-outs and a headphone jack.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amplifier is equipped with two sets of gold-plated, binding-post speaker terminals (labeled A and B).
- The terminals will accept bare wire, spade connectors, single- and dual-banana plugs. (The red and black caps can be removed when using banana plugs.)
- The use of A and B speaker terminals allow you to hook up speakers in another room.
- When using a single pair of speakers, use speakers with a nominal impedance of 4Ω to 8Ω. When using two pairs of speaker, use only speakers with a minimum nominal impedance of 8Ω.
- The CXA80 integrated amp features a mono-subwoofer output for adding a powered subwoofer.
- To ensure there's no unnecessary high frequency noise affecting the subwoofer, the subwoofer output is filtered at 3kHz.
- This is high enough to prevent any phase shift associated with the low pass filter affecting what happens below 200Hz.
- The result is a phase linear subwoofer output signal which is clean and musical.
- The Cambridge Audio CXA80 is equipped with a pair of RCA pre-outs to connect the integrated amp to an external power amplifier.
- The CXA80 integrated amplifier offers a front-panel 3.5mm headphone output to connect a set of headphones for private listening.
- When headphones are connected, the output to both A/B loudspeakers is muted.
- The CXA80 is supplied with an IR remote control that operates this integrated and other Cambridge Audio CX series components.
- The remote operates off of three "AAA" batteries (supplied).
- The CXA80 features a Control Bus Input and Output (RCA), which allows un-modulated commands from multi-room systems or other components to be received by the amp and loop out to another unit.
Optional Bluetooth Adapter:
- Simply plug in the Cambridge Audio BT100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver (sold separately) into the Cambridge Audio CXA80's rear-panel USB (type-A) port for wireless music streaming from many of today's most popular Bluetooth supporting devices; such as Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more.
- The BT100 even supports the high-quality Bluetooth aptX CODEC, so you can stream audiophile quality music from your Bluetooth-enabled Android (OS 4.0+) device to the CXA80 integrated amp.
Auto Power Down:
- The CXA80 integrated amplifier can be set to automatically go into "Standby mode" if there is no audio signal or operation for approximately 10, 30, or 60 minutes.