Cambridge Audio CP2 Phono Preamplifier For Moving Magnet And Moving Coil Cartridges (Black)
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 phono pre-amplifier has been designed to complement a wide range of MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil) turntables.
- This high-quality pre-amplifier contains the amplification required to enable you to connect your MM or MC turntable to your integrated amplifier, stereo receiver, or home theater receiver.
- Some integrated amplifiers and receivers are already able to support turntable connections, but these built-in phono pre-amplifiers are out-performed by the Cambridge Audio CP2.
- Connected using a stereo audio interconnect cable, the CP2 is set-up in minutes allowing you to appreciate stunning clarity, musicality, and resolution from all your vinyl recordings.
MM (Moving Magnet) & MC (Moving Coil) Compatible:
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 is MM (Moving Magnet) & MC (Moving Coil) Compatible.
- The CP2 phono pre-amplifier is fitted with a set of stereo RCA inputs to connect your MM (moving magnet) turntable, and a set of stereo RCA inputs to connect your MC (moving coil) turntable.
- There is a MM/MC switch on the rear-panel to select which type of turntable you have.
- Moving Coil cartridges found in high-end audiophile turntables offer more accuracy and detail than Moving Magnet.
- Audio circuitry has been refined with multiple transistors wired in parallel ensuring the lowest possible distortion and noise.
- A copper shield provides further protection to this extremely sensitive part of the circuitry, limiting the noise that can be injected into the signal.
- This is especially important with a Moving Coil cartridge because its signal is even quieter and more delicate than Moving Magnet, so it needs even more amplification.
- The CP2 phono pre-amplifier utilizes a single-ended "Class A" gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalization for excellent sound quality.
- Multi-parallel capacitors achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy of only 0.3dB, up to 50kHz.
- The Cambridge Audio phono pre-amplifier uses discrete transistors for the input stages, instead of the more common integrated circuits which can cause interference and distortion.
- The CP2 using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it.
- The CP2 phono pre-amplifier offers Balance Control for fine correction of cartridge imbalance.
- This control allows you to make fine adjustments to the relative output levels of the left and right channels.
- In the central position the output from each channel is equal.
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 features a subsonic filter to remove the unwanted and disruptive effects "rumble" of low-frequency energy caused by vinyl imperfections.
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 phono pre-amplifier is fitted with two sets of stereo RCA inputs to connect your MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge turntable.
- The CP2 is also fitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect your turntable and the pre-amplifier to the line-level inputs on your home receiver or integrated amplifier.
- Do not connect the CP2 to a "Phono Input" on a receiver or amplifier.
- The CP2 has a turntable ground, in case your turntable has a separate ground lead.
- This provides shielding to the tone-arm and the sensitive circuitry in the turntable.
All Metal Chassis:
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 phono pre-amplifier features an acoustically damped full metal chassis with a thick brushed aluminum front-panel.
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 features a front-panel power switch to turn the unit On/Off; this allow energy consumption to be zeroed when not in use.
External AC Adapter:
- The Cambridge Audio CP2 phono pre-amplifier includes an external AC power supply.
- Input: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Output: 12V - 500mA